So, I arrive in Georgia with Sean and the dog in tow around 11:45pm. At this point, the movers are telling me that they'll get there the following morning around 6:30am. What can you do, right? We tell ourselves it'll be over soon and make the best of it. At least Brendan has his crib.
I get to our new home in Columbus and think to myself...it's a little cold in here, but I'll give the heat a while to kick in. At 2am, I decide the heat is not going to kick in and after a few calls to the managment company, I awake a sleeping baby to go to a nearby hotel.
The next morning, the mover calls...you guessed it. He'll be there at lunchtime. So now I am in Georgia with no heat and Justin is in NC with no tv/cable, a two year old and everything we own in boxes. You know it's bad when a toddler says..."No More Fra-Fries, Dadda!"
I had to call in friends to bring Justin lunch, backup clothes for Brendan and extra diapers.
Well, I finally got heat. Great news! Step in the right direction!
The cable/internet guy came and turned a working computer into a pile of junk. Nothing. Black screen with a line through it. "Sorry" he says. The modem is fine, something's wrong with your computer. Augh.
The movers finally show up back in Wilmington. Justin helps them load the truck and gets ready for the long drive. Brendan's strapped in, ready to go. Pop in a video...run back in to grab one last thing from the house and he came back to realize he had locked Brendan in the car. The poor guy had a long day! Well he finally got to Columbus at about 4am and crashed while we waited for the movers.
The mover calls and tells me he's about an hour away (which really meant 3 hours). Oh well, at least it's almost over we tell each other. Then he says, the "fixed price" contract we have is not valid. They held everything we own hostage until we gave them a credit card and they charged us TWICE the contract price.
Oh my goodness. This whole thing has been such an ordeal, but at least we are all together and it's over. We will fight the moving company for our money back, but it was a crazy weekend!
On a lighter note, we love the house. We think we'll be very happy here for the next couple of years. Brendan loves his room...there are trucks painted on the wall and Sean is happy anywhere.
We would attach pictures...but we still can't find the camera.
:)
1 comment:
Oh my goodness, this is insane. I hope everything gets worked out. That is SOO shady!
Post a Comment